Sorry for the impersonal email.
We are looking for a controller to lead all of our financial operations for our growing family of businesses.
In a nutshell, the ideal candidate must be able to run a tight ship, be a great manager and teacher, and able to turn data into actions that our team can use to better run our businesses. We are looking for someone with an entrepreneurial spirit, with experience building systems and driving change.
A love for food, great service and community building ideal!
A more detailed summary is below.
Thanks for your help
Summary: The Controller is responsible for safeguarding assets and assuring accurate and timely recording of all transactions, implementing disciplines of internal audits, controls and checks across all departments. The Controller is a company leader, someone those in upper management turn to for advice, support, perspective, and understanding of company-wide goals, policies, and procedures.
- Provide continuous assessment and evaluation of financial systems and when appropriate recommend process and/or system changes/improvements to ensure that all financial processes are secure and accurate and using best practices.
- Develop and maintain accurate policies and procedures of all financial processes
- Oversee the accuracy and productivity of day-to-day activities of cash handling, accounts payable, cash disbursements, invoicing/billing, collections, payroll entries, inventory integrity, fixed asset records, general & store level accounting.
- Train/orient new (and current) buyers and managers, one-on-one and in groups, on financial procedures, as well as understanding and analyzing, management reports. Be available to answer questions on an on-going basis regarding reports and analysis.
- Provide a visionary and leadership role to the organization
- Hire, train and mentor accounting team
- Establish and implement short- and long-range departmental goals, objectives, policies, and operating procedures”
creating community through foodTM